Friday, October 31, 2008

Gorgeous Green Sherman Rhinestone Jewelry






Lately I've been busy sorting through boxes of jewelry stocking my store on Ruby Lane but I always stop and pause to admire my Sherman jewelry when I come across a piece.

The multi-colored set documented today is in absolute pristine condition done in shiny rhodium plate and featuring a dazzling combination of moss and emerald green marquise shaped rhinestones accented with sparkling blue/green washed aurora borealis.  It is exquisite in the way the stones are stacked  and elegantly curved to take full advantage of the light in all directions.  This set is brilliant and worthy of being photographed for any jewelry book featuring high-end costume jewelry.  I haven't seen too many in this particular design although there are ones similar that don't have the extra dimension.  One of my favorite sets, I love the green shades!

The second set I am documenting is almost a perfect color match, the elegant drop earrings feature some of the same colors as the brooch but have some that are almost a teal shade.  Not a common color in any rhinestones I have seen so I wonder if this was one of the special order colors created by Swarovski for Sherman designs. They feature a flower cluster at the earlobe and have 1 3/4" of marquise drops. Sparkling and beautiful set in shiny rhodium plate with nice tight back clips.

The domed brooch was one I just couldn't resist on eBay a few months ago listed with a $60 buy-it-now just before our dollar tumbled. I've been trying to thin out my collection (this is evident when you look at my inventory at Island Vintage Jewelry on Ruby Lane) but I couldn't resist anything with such deep green shades and at such a rock bottom price so here it is. It's a full 2" in diameter, stacked with different colors of marquises stones and then topped with a cluster of aurora borealis chatons.  The rhodium plate is in like new condition (don't you love that about Sherman pieces!) and the raised dome shape captures the light in all directions.

As usual, all pieces documented in today's post are clearly marked SHERMAN.

I'm still working on thinning out my Sherman collection and including signed and unsigned beauties in my store so if you are in the mood to treat yourself this coming holiday season with some beautiful costume jewelry, click on the link over in the right-hand column and check out my store "Island Vintage Jewelry" and those listed on my "Favorite Links" and enjoy the gorgeous jewelry up for grabs!  


1 comment:

Mary Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.