Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fabulous Rootbeer with Champagne Sherman Rhinestone Jewelry




One of my favorite thrift store finds so far has to be this large and fabulous signed Sherman brooch. This was purchased at between 1/4 and 1/3 of its true value.  
Typical of Sherman designs, it is three tiers high and heavily gold plated.  The chubby rootbeer colored marquise rhinestones are accented beautifully by the slender champagne marquise-shaped aurora borealis stones.  Three open horseshoe shaped rings on top of aurora borealis chatons add that extra sparkle that set Sherman designs apart.  

The pretty signed earrings shown were purchased on an eBay auction and are the perfect companion to the brooch.

The exquisite butterfly-style bracelet features a similar color combination and was purchased at a flea market.  Although unsigned, it is made with the same attention to detail and quality that Sherman used.  I like that it is extremely flexible and flows elegantly over my wrist without being stiff or awkward.  It is large for this style measuring almost a full inch in width. I had previously owned a black bracelet like this that was signed Sherman, however, it was much more narrow.

The earrings pictured with the bracelet and purchased with it are signed Sherman and are identical in color although feature different shapes of rhinestones.

In a future post, I will be discussing my opinion on the ongoing debate of signed versus unsigned Sherman pieces.  

4 comments:

Vigabo said...

HI Deb

Thanks for leaving your comments on my Sherman blog. Glad we have the same views on Sherman. You have some fabulous pieces here and I look forward to seeing more. I'd be happy to put a link from my blog to yours if you you'd like to exchange. Let me know ... and welcome to Blogger!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by and welcoming me to Blogger. I look forward to many discussions about vintage jewelry, especially Sherman. I'm always happy to exchange information and opinions about this magnificent jewelry and to share stories of collecting.

Hope to be in touch again soon and yes, let's link up.

Deb

Bev said...

Hi Deb,

Really enjoying your blog. My fav pieces are the clear sparklers that set off any "little black dress" to a T. Looking forward to reading more!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hi Bev, thanks for your input. I have several clear pieces that will find their way into my posts down the road. You're right, they take any "little black dress" to a new level!

Glad you are enjoying the blog!

Deb